Re: openvms RAC won't start

I'm not making myself clear. the init.ora's and select name,value from
v$parameter where isdefault = 'FALSE' are all identical except for the instance
appropriate values. I spent half the day yesterday verifying that everything is
set properly. The only thing that I can think of is that somehow, VMS has
become case sensitive in file names. that's the only thing that's the tiniest
bit off. on instance has pfile named initSID1.ora and the the second has pfile
named INITSID2.ORA. That or the environment is not set properly, but the
environment is out of my control or so it appears.

john

David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: dont compare the init files,
look at what is actually running in all of the instances, someone might have
changed it when the database was up or used a different init.ora file to start
the database up eith

 On 18/10/06, John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: No spfile at this
point,but it's in the plan for the future. I've compared the init files
repeatedly, there is no difference except for the appropriate instance
settings. I've looked at everything I can think of but I'm not having much
luck.

starting at 1&cent;/min.