openvms RAC won't start

  • From: John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

I almost hate to ask, but here goes...

Adding a second instance to VMS RAC. It was not previously configured as RAC.
After issueing the startup command, the error returned is "ORA-00061: another
instance has a different DML_LOCKS setting". This is not true, the init file
for each instance has the exact same setting. The files are copies of each
other with the proper entries changed. OpenVMS V7.3-2 and Oracle 9.2.0.5.0.
I've managed to forget most of my VMS knowledge so any help would be
appreciated.

Thx!
John

starting at 1¢/min.