on call support when your system breaks constantly

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:00:32 -0400

I have had to carry a pager before and been on call. I have never been in a
place where so many things break that you are up all night for a week and
expected to come to work the next day. Users can do whatever they want in
production so there are lock issues many times a day. Users can run whatever
queries they want so you have long running sessions that need t be killed.
The on call person has to monitor the application too. The
applications(there are about 20 of them) have a crash 5-10 times/day and all
night.

anyone ever been in a place like this?