Re: ok this sounds crazy BUT, is it a bug

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:58:03 +0200

Hi Joe,

TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
> Here is parameter on primary:
> log_archive_dest_2                   string      service="testdg2", LGWR
>                                                  NC NOAFFIRM delay=1
>                                                  ompression=DISABLE
> max_failure
>                                                  =0 max_connections=1
> reopen=
>                                                  300
> db_unique_name="testdg2" n
>                                                  et_timeout=30
> valid_for=(onli
>                                                  ne_logfile,primary_role)

Did you check the frequency of log archiving against your 50-minute-delay?

What happens if you ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE manually, does it catch
up then?

Because one explanation that buzzes up and down my head says: "If you
delay on primary, you are not in real time apply anymore, you are on
archiver log shipping now."

Martin Klier
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk