Re: offtopic: Infrastructure Solutions architect - any good ?

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:50:15 -0700

The architect is involved in  putting together what machines are needed for a
project,  what OS  they should run,  what application server should be used,
and what database management system   He is mainly a collector if information.
However if the OS team wants to run LINUX and the database team wants to run
Solaris,   he would make the decision on which way to go.

The architect has too look at all the projects and design a cost-effective
strategy for them all.   He is usually not i  the chain of command, but has
the power to make decisions as discussed above.