Re: off topic: Searching through ORACLE-L archive for exact phrase

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:40:00 +0300

I have received few answers to my question.
Thank you to Bricklen, Tanel and Edgar.
Looks like the best/only way to search through ORACLE-L archives is
googling.

Search for my example can be:
oracle-l "for update" site:www.freelists.org

http://www.google.lv/search?as_q=oracle-l&num=100&hl=lv&btnG=Google+mekl%C4%93%C5%A1ana&as_epq=for+update&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=www.freelists.org

Question is how good is google indexes and how often goggle updates them.
It can be suitable solution for searching through ORACLE-L anyway.

One more useful comment: Do not forget that before www.freelists.org
ORACLE-L has been located on fatcity.com.

Jurijs