RE: odd error

  • From: Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:38:45 -0500

Christian, David,

Thanks, I tried MetaLink, but it just tells me that there is a problem.  I
am not a DBA, just a lowly user.  My DBA had already opened a TAR with
support.  The plan is to apply a security patch and a patch for this error
sometime in February.  Maybe I just haven't figured out how to use MetaLink
properly.

The reason I ask was more out of curiosity; there seems to be folks on here
that know Oracle better than Oracle.  This query was so darn simple that I
am still amazed that it could cause an error.  I was hoping for a better
workaround than a UNION ALL of two queries.  Mind you, "where churn_dt in (
'01-jan-2004', '31-dec-2004' )", does not work either.

Michael