Re: ocfs2/oracleasm on Red Hat 4

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: QuijadJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 00:50:52 -0300

oracleasm is not needed for RH4U1 and up, you simply install the RDBMS,
patch to whaterver patchset you want, fire up dbca and create the ASM
instance. Works as well for RAC.

Also, check http://oss.oracle.com/osswiki/OCFS2/NewFeaturesList which has
the documentation for OCFS2. and
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/files/for the download files. See
that there are files for both RH4 and RH5.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional