RE: number of transactions per minute/hour

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:40:37 -0500

Admittedly without much homework (that I can remember), I've defined a
transaction as:

 SELECT SUM(VALUE)
 FROM sys.v_$sysstat
 WHERE NAME IN ('user commits','user rollbacks');

...which of course is only valuable when the delta of two results is
measured over time.  But I would presume that this would have to take
into account all transactions, including those containing "recursive
SQL".

What is the purpose of the data collection where recursive SQL bothers
you?  If it's to compare the results of business processes, the overhead
of DD calls is valid, isn't it?  Just curious...

Rich