number of transactions per minute/hour

Hi

Does anyone know how to obtain the number of USER transactions per hour? Or
per minute?

I know from user commits and user tollbacks we can get roughly the number of
Updates/Inserts/Deletes. However I am also interested in SELECT.

I have looked at:

Parse calls, not good since it wont give correct numbers if my application
behaves well and dont use event soft parses.
Execute count, not good because I am not sure why, sometimes for each query
it increases by 1 but sometimes by 3, 4, or 5 or even more. This has a
problem because it includes recursive calls as well.

TIA

Alex