Re: null columns and memory?

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:27:00 -0400

In memory where? Space is reserved in DB blocks (formerly via PCTFREE, now
via ASSM) for operations that increase the storage requirements of the
block--such as updating a character string to a longer string, or supplying
a value in a column that formerly contained none.

--
Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxx