Re: now what??

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark,

> These are primarily data buffer / 130 type
> waits and the sql causing most of them is
> cursor type junk that needs to be
> rewritten.  I added freelists to a few
> objects yesterday and saw the numbers decrease
> slightly, but I believe everything that is left
> falls exactly into this category.

> sigh .. further confirmation that this is going to
> take a long, long time ...

> Robyn

I believe that altering the table for freelists and
inittrans only affects blocks as they are unformatted.
Existing blocks that are already allocated are still
as they were.

a re-org of the affected tables (and their indexes,
afterwards) may be in order.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at