Re: nomenclature standardization: where best to put oraInventory?

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:18:30 +0300

Tanel,
I had the same practice before discovered problem with non-default naming
policy for oraInventory, oui & jre directories.
I don?t remember, but some patching staff doesn?t work on non-default
directories.
After that I prefer to play with mv command before any installation.

PS I recall first installation of Collaboration Suite, then there was hard
coded host name in the one of installation scripts ;)

Jurijs