[Fwd: passwords in different instances]

  • From: Ingrid Voigt <GiantPanda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 00:36:55 +0200

No. The dba_users password column stores a hash value
of the concatenation USERNAME || PASSWORD.

If the two usernames are different, user2 will most likely
not have any password at all. If one is a prefix of the
other, the passwords will have the reverse relation.
If the usernames are the same, then the passwords will be
identical.

Regards
Ingrid