RE:

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:43:36 -0400

Bryan,

I keep them for 15 days and then delete them.  I use the following to clean
them up:

find $UDUMP_DIR -mtime +15  -print -exec rm {} \;

The $UDUMP_DIR is an environmental pointing to the udump directory.  I do
the same thing in the Bdump directory (renaming the alert log with a date
included in the file name).  I keep files up to 30 days in this directory.

I also clean up the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit directory and the
$ORACLE_HOME/network/log directory in the same way.

Change the number of days to suite your needs.

Hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional