[Fwd: Re: Partitioning problems - Oracle 8.1.7.4]

  • From: "jaromir nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:25:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi Tony,

to point 1

UPDATE GLOBAL INDEXES is a 9i feature

compare (8.1.7)

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a85397/statem2a.htm#2056642

and
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_32a.htm#2114058

so your statement with UPDATE GLOBAL INDEXES is syntactically wrong.

to point 2

the index structure of the temp table table should correspond with the
*local* indexes of the partitioned table, so I guess the "global" index
on the temp table should be removed.

A possible strategy - I'd would follow - try to test all with local
index only. If it works add the global index on the partitioned tables
only.

HtH

Jaromir