Re: new oracle security book

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:55:37 -0800

The Litchfield book would probably be more enlightening.

I really doubt that the Oracle Press would publish it,
as they have published the Knox book.

Warning, this is pure speculation at this point:
The Knox book is probably a 'how to lock it down' book.

The Litchfield book will not only tell how to lock it down, but
why you are locking it down, with exploits to test the procedures.

I am still waiting for my copy.  Has anyone else seen the book?

Jared

On 1/30/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you had to buy one, would it be Knox or Litchfield?

thanks.

>There is probably no one more qualified.
>
>The quality of writing remains to be seen.
>
>I have however read some of Litchfields papers
>and posts to mailing lists.  The examples of his
>writing that I have seen are coherent and lucid.
>
>Currently, my copy is in transit. :)
>
>Jared
>

>On 1/29/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>Has anybody seen this new Oracle security book by David
Litchfield?  Would

http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG

--
Jared Still