Re: new location of backupset update in catalog

  • From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dba_learning@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:34:20 +0200

DBA Learning schrieb:

Hi
I am newbie here. I have made a backup on Oracle 10g using rman and 10g catalog. My backupset is in C:/first_location/*.bak. This is shown in catalog database.
Say, all the backup pieces are moved to D:/second_location/*.bak to the above backupset.
How do I tell my catalog the new location of backuppieces. How do I use "catalog command" to reflect new location (D:/second_location/*.bak) in my catalog database.
Can someone help me with the syntax and usage.
thanks in advance.

http://mail.yahoo.com

to uncatalog - CHANGE UNCATALOG ...
to catalog after move to new location - CATALOG BACKUPPIECE ...
Syntax is provided at
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14194/rcmsynta011.htm#sthref230
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14194/rcmsynta012.htm#sthref245

Best regards