RE: mysql - OT

  • From: "Mark Leith" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:38:32 +0100

Indeed, MySQL 5.0.3 just hit beta instead of alpha, and is probably a
couple of months away from GA - and 5.0.x adds triggers, views,
functions and procedures among other additions (i.e. a bunch of stuff
done on clustering, new SQL functions etc.)..

5.0.3 is a *big* release for MySQL, 5.1 will be even bigger.. I'm
putting a lot of work in to MySQL at the moment for our monitoring
tools, and I personally don't see many differences (sequences and a few
other things maybe) in 5.0.3 to PostgreSQL (having use MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQLServer and DB2) - MySQL are certainly
catching up! ;)

Mark

Mark Leith
Cool-Tools UK Limited