Re: ** mv versus advanced replication
- From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:39:26 +0200
1) We have synchronous advance replication working on a fairly busy
system with no problem, 9205 on windows.
2) The size of the database is not an issue. You just stop updating the
master database, copy it to a second server and start it.
Then you build the replication support with copy rows = no and you are
off and running. From this point all that mattered is the amount of updates.
3) Think $$$$$$. Advance replication need a special license.
4) I have a script that automate the whole creation of advanced
replication, if you decide to go that way.
A Joshi wrote:
I have a 250 GB database and need to replicate it with almost all
the tables. I am thinking of doing MV replication. Other options are
advanced replication and logical standby.
Other related posts: