Re: ** mv versus advanced replication

Hello Joshi

Some points:
1) We have synchronous advance replication working on a fairly busy system with no problem, 9205 on windows.
2) The size of the database is not an issue. You just stop updating the master database, copy it to a second server and start it.
Then you build the replication support with copy rows = no and you are off and running. From this point all that mattered is the amount of updates.
3) Think $$$$$$. Advance replication need a special license.
4) I have a script that automate the whole creation of advanced replication, if you decide to go that way.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

A Joshi wrote:

Hi,
I have a 250 GB database and need to replicate it with almost all the tables. I am thinking of doing MV replication. Other options are advanced replication and logical standby.