multiple oracle owners

  • From: Eddie Watkins <eddie.watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:46:02 +0100

Hi

We have a Sun V1280 with 1 application running Oracle 9.2.0.3, installed by
the application vendor and owned by the user 'oracle', group 'dba'.  I have
been asked to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 as a different user.  I looked in the
Oracle 9i installation guide, which talked about setting up primary and
secondary groups before oracle is installed.  As we already have 1 oracle
environment already installed, can anyone say if it is possible to have
multiple oracle installations on a server, owned by different users who are
in the same group.

Thanks

Eddie

--

Eddie Watkins           Email: eddie.watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unix Server Support     Tel: 01343 563247     Fax: 01343 563221

********  The Moray Council: Internet E-mail Notice  ********

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments ('this e-mail')
are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake, please notify
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx as soon as possible; you should then
delete this e-mail from your computer.