RE: multiple inventories on SUN cluster ?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:49:09 -0500

Prior to version 9.2.0.5 it was easy to have multiple inventory files.
With version 9.2.0.5 Oracle expects only one inventory file, but you can
still use multiple inventory files.  To do so you need to point the
installer at the correct inventory file when you invoke it.  You can
edit oraInst.loc or use the command line parameter to point to a
different path: runInstaller -invPtrLoc /PATH/oraInst.loc.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --