moved storage

  • From: "April Wells" <awells@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:24:53 -0500

Oracle 10gR2

Single node rac

Solaris

Logical standby

Schedule of events

Install and configure logical standby

<time passes>

Move storage from EMC to XIOTECH

            Moved from /dev/rdsk/emcpower1g to /dev/rdsk/c1t1d1s1 (for
example) for ocr, for voting disks and for ASM

                        Not sure how this was done, it wasn't documented
and I wasn't involved

Database was happy (for the most part)

Network switch went ka-flooy

New switch... move to new switch... restart server

New mappings take total affect

OCR won't start and I'm pretty sure nothing else will at this point
either.

Yes, I have an SR but I figured I would get outside opinions as well

I have been trying to follow Note 399482.1 - How to recreate OCR/Voting
disk accidentally deleted

I got to the part where you run root.sh and it is whining about the emc
device mappings not being there.

This is a test system... it has not had any logs applied in over a week.

>> Question...

In this case, if it were you... would you try to tough it out (which is
really cool from a troubleshooting perspective) or opt to rebuild and
work forward?  Is it worth the effort to try to find all of the places
in ASM and OCR and the database where something is going to bite me?

Thanks in advance for your time

April

Confidentiality Notice!
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this
information is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or
agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the
electronic transmission, including all attachments from your
system.