Re: memory problem - oracle 10203 on HPUX

By default, iirc, hpux is set to sync io. Change the kernel parameter
fs_async to make it async io. Use Tim Gorman's oramem script to get
the proper memory usage, instead of just doing pmap for a particular
process.

http://www.evdbt.com/tools.htm#oramem

Use sar reports to get proper swap, paging reports. Tune syncer
daemon, if heavy swapping is going on. Just read and digest the
following page.

http://safari.oreilly.com/0130428167/ch11lev1sec5