Re: memory problem - oracle 10203 on HPUX

  • From: "Pedro Espinoza" <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:17:11 -0500

By default, iirc, hpux is set to sync io. Change the kernel parameter
fs_async to make it async io. Use Tim Gorman's oramem script to get
the proper memory usage, instead of just doing pmap for a particular

Use sar reports to get proper swap, paging reports. Tune syncer
daemon, if heavy swapping is going on. Just read and digest the
following page.