Re: max_failure and noreopen parameter in dataguard?

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:35:29 +0100

The Fine Doc also states that
"When you specify the MAX_FAILURE attribute, you must also set the
REOPEN attribute to specify how often archival operations are retried to
the particular destination" (Oracle Data Guard Concepts and
Administration Release 9.2, page 12-29, last sentence)
So, it seems that the attributes you use (MAX_FAILURE & NOREOPEN) are
mutually exclusive. Results are unpredictable ;-)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===

Upcoming appearances:

      * Jan 27, 2005: London, UKOUG Unix SIG: Data Guard Best Practices
      * Feb 9-10, 2005: Denver, RMOUG Training Days: Data Guard
        Performance Issues
      * Mar 6-10, 2005: Dallas, Hotsos Symposium: Data Guard Performance
        Issues