max databases in one RMAN catalog

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:04:03 -0500

What is the most databases you have registered with a single RMAN catalog?

I'm familiar with the one database per schema approach (and have
configured that before) however I'm interested in the ease of reporting
on multiple database backups from a single schema. The rumor mill here
at work is suggesting that the RMAN catalog can't handle more than a few
hundred databases. Can anyone debunk or verify that? Is there anyone out
there who's got a few thousand databases running nightly backups on a
single RMAN catalog?

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider