RE: looking for a good way to change manage oracle

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:07:37 +0000

the developers cannot make any modifcations to structure. This is not a simple
system. We have hundreds of objects that include everything from partitions, to
IOTs, to objects. Multiple users, multiple tablespaces, and multiple datafiles.

Its large. There are 300 people on the project. I really am hoping for an
automated tool to help us. I am really hoping we can get an automated process.
We are even having release schedules flipped. Release A,B,C. Well it becomes C,
B,A and then changes again after we test it. This alone screws up column
ordering. We are using an interface that requires the column order to be the
same or the system crashes(long story, cant change it, have to deal with it..
system is too big to just 'get rid of it' The government has already spent $500
million developing this thing).

Thanks for the help guys.