From: William Wagman [wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 04/29/2009 02:25 PM MST
To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: login.sql equivalent for RMAN

Greetings,

I am running Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 EE. Is there an equivalent to login.sql for RMAN
such that I don't have to store passwords in my scripts? I have looked but am
unable to find a solution. What I would like to be able to do, as I can do with
SQL is something like create a file like RMAN_LOGIN.SQL -

define rman_user=usera
define rman_password=password

And then do something like

RMAN> connect target &&rman_user/&&rman_password@remote_db

Does anyone know how if this is possible and if so can you point me to the
documentation?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis