Re: location of text control file if not found in user_dump_dest?

  • From: "A. Coskan Gundogar" <gundogar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 23:38:05 +0000

Can you also try to see where you actually writing ?

*This is from 11gR2*

SYS@ORACOS> oradebug setmypid
Statement processed.
SYS@ORACOS> alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Database altered.

SYS@ORACOS> oradebug tracefile_name;
/u01/app/oracle/*diag/rdbms/*oracos/ORACOS*/trace/*ORACOS_ora_1422.trc

*This is from 10gR2*
*
*
*
SYS@SOLARAC> oradebug setmypid
Statement processed.
SYS@SOLARAC> alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Database altered.

SYS@SOLARAC> oradebug tracefile_name;
/u01/app/oracle/admin/SOLARAC/udump/solarac1_ora_24493.trc

Regards

--
Coskan GUNDOGAR

Oracle DBA