Re: local naming vs directory naming

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In addition to "standard" Oracle backups and OID replication, I found it
> very helpful to do regular LDAP-based backups (e.g. using ldapsearch to a
> text file).  It made the recovery plan for human-based fcrew ups *much*
> simpler!

Speaking of LDAP-based backup, I have a Perl script to convert it to

Some people use OpenLDAP to provide Oracle naming resolution. It works and is
much lighter-weight. I wish Oracle supported it. OID is over-engineered. I
can't find the step-by-step procedure. I once followed it and it worked. Now I
only find:

Yong Huang

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ