Re: listener... which home?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:56:14 +0100

I assume this is not 100% correct.

see the possibilities of srvctl:
srvctl add listener -h

Adds a listener configuration to the Oracle Clusterware.

Usage: srvctl add listener [-l <lsnr_name>] [-s] [-p "[TCP:]<port>[,
...][/IPC:<key>][/NMP:<pipe_name>][/TCPS:<s_port>] [/SDP:<port>]"] [-o
<oracle_home>] [-k <net_num>]
    -l <lsnr_name>           Listener name (default name is LISTENER)
    -o <oracle_home>         ORACLE_HOME path (default value is CRS_HOME)
    -k <net_num>             network number (default number is 1)
    -s                       Skip the checking of ports
    -p "[TCP:]<port>[, ...][/IPC:<key>][/NMP:<pipe_name>][/TCPS:<s_port>]
[/SDP:<port>]"       Comma separated tcp ports or listener endpoints
    -h                       Print usage

there you can define a oracle_home. This would not make sense if you MUST use
the grid home - CRS would know about the grid_home quite well.
So you can use any oracle_home which is supported in combination with the
version of grid_home.

Still I'd suggest to use the listener of your CRS as long as possible.

br
 Martin