RE: listener... which home?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx" <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:32:21 +0100

In 11.2 when you have grid infrastructure installed (which is, if I'm not
mistaken, required when using ASM), then the listener must be running from the
grid home (in your case called asm) when you want to control it via srvctl.
It is still possible to start a listener from the db home by using lsnrctl (and
the listener.ora file), but this listener can't be controlled via srvctl (and
thus can't benefit from oracle restart).

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator