Re: listener on windows using wrong directory structure

It is EBS, however, the database server is NOT EBS configured.  We control our
own installs on it.
>>> Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> 8/15/12 10:54 AM >>>
So the applmgr username suggests that this might be an EBiz install? is that
correct? If so then

a) Ebiz has some specific control scripts for databases and listeners and some
funky sqlnet config. I'd expect SET ORACLE_HOME, TNS_ADMIN etc not to work in
any Ebiz environment.
b) the environment for the listener is set in the registry (and read from the
registry by the executable lsnrctl - in general its often a mistake to set the
environment on windows, instead use the full path to the relevant executable.
c) if it is ebiz and windows, good luck with that, you are in a small minority
there.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's the problem. I am trying to start the 11.2.0.3 listener but it keeps
referencing the 10g or 11g r1 listener.ora files.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
>>> Robert Hanuschke <robert.hanuschke@xxxxxxxxx> 8/15/12 9:49 AM >>>
Hi Jeffrey,

the output you've provided shows you setting the environment while the listener
is already running.
What is the TNS_ADMIN set to when the listener is being started (via the
Windows service I assume) in the registry?

Best regards,
Robert
http://robertvsoracle.blogspot.com

--