RE: linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

  • To: <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:00:39 -0400

Hey now, your taking me out of context.
I was discussing "age" and "technical ideologies" in that comment.

>>And then, like now, the "older generation" was right.
And lets be honest, very few pieces of software are ready for production
in the strictest sense.

How many of us, young or old run Oracle x.x.x R1 right into production?
Does that mean we bag Oracle for some other "R1" RDBMS?...no we wait for
"R2".
But then again if you need Oracle x.x.x R1 to; "SELECT * FROM
SCOTT.EMP:" then any release will do.

If "ready for production" means nothing ever fails, then we are all in
trouble.

This is all about reality, and my original comment was just that.
If someone (young or old) is so blind and to perceive (reality) and say
that Linux is not already in production (key to a businesses success
somewhere in this world) then they look foolish...as it is happening as
we speak...for many businesses.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA