Re: linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:21:34 +1000

Robyn apparently said,on my timestamp of 8/10/2005 12:08 AM:

What are the really big examples of Linux systems? I'm thinking
Amazon, Google and Ebay, but it's been a while since I read anything
on this.

Those should be enough? :)

> Who else out there is running very large, very critical
Oracle databases on Linux?

Highly contingent on what one calls large. Is 400Gb in a PC 4-cpu system churning through google search clicks considered very large and very critical?

Ah yes, three of those and all in Standard Oracle...

If it's not, then please tell my bosses that?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto