Re: library cache load lock

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:53:17 -0700

Have you examined dba_blockers/dba_waiters to see which session is causing
the contention?

Maybe it needs to be killed?

We have a similar issue at times with a misbehaving app. The processes on
the app server
dies, leaving a lock on a table.

TCP being what it is, the database never knows that the client process has
died, and we
( meaning me) must go kill the process.

Yes, I have a potential work-around for that, still waiting for user
testing.

Jared

--
Jared Still