Re: latch-free SCN scheme (10.1.0.3)

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:01:59 -0800 (PST)

Mladen,

I finally found the doc I was searching for (my
knowledge base is very messy):

http://integrid.info/memory_latching.pdf

This guy explains also latchless SCN in some details.
Great idea, like every transaction own 255 SCN
numbers, then no need to take the latch :)

The similar mechanism is for zero copy latch where
sessions have preallocated log buffer space. That
means no need for redo copy latch at all.

Very cool document.

Regards,
Zoran

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250