Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain

Thomas,

Yes, this is read only. Thanks for your suggestion

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "Thomas Day"
             <tomday2@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             oracle-l-bounce@f                                          cc
             reelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain
             10/25/2006 08:40
             AM

             Please respond to
             tomday2@xxxxxxxxx

Without know more about the detail, I would suggest alter index rebuild
reverse.  You might get lucky and the reverse could redistribute your data
to eliminate the hot blocks.

Since you say "report" I am assuming that you are doing read only.