Re: ksuosstats global area

  • From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:13:47 +0900

Hi, Joel.

That would mean that it isn't waiting for the shared latch acquisition, but
it did wait for a short time. After that short waiting, the session is busy
doing something thus burning CPU. V$SESSION_WAIT.STATE would show 'WAITED
SHORT TIME' or 'WAITED UNKNOWN TIME' if my assumption servers it right.

You can try PROCESSSTATE dump and/or CALLSTACK dump to find out what the
session is really doing.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller

http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://sites.google.com/site/otpack (tpack)