kolccst obj: large streams pool memory segment

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:04:09 -0500

Anyone know where I can find more information about this KOLCCST object? And
other KO objects for that matter?

SQL > select * from (select * from v$sgastat where pool = 'streams pool'
order by bytes desc) where rownum < 6;

POOL         NAME                                          BYTES
------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
streams pool kolccst obj                              1987055480
streams pool kol raw                                   465430552
streams pool kolcalm coll                              464969704
streams pool koicnfadt adt attr                        419245184
streams pool kol vstring                               259053352

Kinda curious why we are eating so much memory. This is a downstream
database, so I expect to be using the Streams Pool. Perhaps there is a
perfectly valid reason for this, and in that case I would like to learn
about it.

--
Charles Schultz