RE: killing oracle processes

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:18:44 -0400

We had a situation like that at a previous job.   We created a user and
gave it execute permission on a stored procedure.   The Help Desk could
then launch a .sql script that would take the username as a parameter
and execute the procedure.    Only the helpdesk knew the password.

Of course it could be modified to take an sid and serial# instead etc.
depending on what the circumstances are between the developers and 'help
desk'.

 Alter user kill session where status != 'KILLED' ... etc.
(pseudocode).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546