RE: kernel parameters in 10gR2

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:42:56 -0000

Your call. 256 is a recommended value (it seems to have grown from 128
in 9i). Try the installation and if you have problems then arrange a
kernel change.

You may want to increase the value of the shm_seg attribute if a process
attempts to attach a shared memory region exceeds the limit (the shmat
function returns an EMFILE error).

From the guide - The kernel subsystem attribute values shown in
this section are recommended values only. For production
database systems, Oracle recommends that you tune these
values to optimize the performance of the system.