Re: jdbc thin and TAF connections

  • From: John Scoles <scoles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:07:40 -0400

Seems JDBC uses TTC (Two Task connection) rather that OCI so you cannot use any of the nifty OCI stuff. Look like you are back in the dark ages of Oracle 7 when using this client.

Cheers
John

On 20/04/2011 12:00 PM, Herring Dave - dherri wrote:
Right, I don't have a good place to test this. I was figuring a check of FAILOVER* columns in the GV$SESSION view would be good enough verification on what is getting set. I also validated with using sqlplus with a full connect string:
sqlplus<user>/<pass>@'(DESCRIPTION...(FAILOVER = ON)...(FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE =
SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC))'

that indeed FAILOVER* columns were set properly in GV$SESSION, so I hopefully
eliminated any other problem other than jdbc/10g combo.

DAVID HERRING
DBA
Acxiom Corporation
EML   dave.herring@xxxxxxxxxx
TEL    630.944.4762
MBL   630.430.5988
1501 Opus Pl, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
WWW.ACXIOM.COM