(invalid) dependencies management

  • From: Cosmin Ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:06:45 -0700 (PDT)

hi all,
  I have a (two-fold) question about object dependencies when a particular
object is recompiled:

  1.  a  query can be run pre and post object compilation to determine the
objects that got invalidated by that specific object's compilation (or object
ddl change) by looking at the (ALL_)OBJECTS STATUS column and taking
appropriate data as such.

  2. another method would be to investigate the (ALL_)SOURCE   [where
upper(text) like upper('%xxx') and name<>'xxx']  to determine first level
dependencies.  I'd like to create a query that determines the entire dependency
chain of objects that will get invalidated... probably something using CONNECT
BY for recursive querying, keping in mind that, I believe, there needs to be an
specific compilation order  ;-)    [unless there are other simpler query/tricks
that I don't know of]

  Could someone help w/ the latter strategy?
  thx anticipatedly,
  Cos