RE: interview a manager

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 11:12:23 -0500

David
   I really like your thinking. ;-)

Josh
   The key question is what duties do you expect this person to perform. Do
you expect them to act as a backup for the DBAs or just to supervise the
work?
   My experience has been that right now there are a lot of DBAs turned
manager that are available for employment. These are people that a couple of
years ago took the step into management, then with the dot-com bust and
recession ended up out of work. Previously were a DBA, but skills aren't
fresh enough to jump in behind the keyboard.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx