RE: install http server against

  • From: "Norman Dunbar" <norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeroen.van.sluisdam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:47:44 +0100

>> Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/15/06
10:16am >>>
>> Hi,
>> I did try this, but the library is found anyway

In that case the following from Metalink might help :

Subject:        opmnctl Returns Error 'main: NLS initialization
        Doc ID:         Note:312142.1   Type:   PROBLEM
        Last Revision Date:     01-JUN-2005     Status:

This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid
Visibility (RaV) Rapid Visibility (RaV) process, and therefore has not
been subject to an independent technical review.

The information in this document applies to:
Oracle Application Server 10g Enterprise Edition - Version:
This problem can occur on any platform.

All opmn functions are returning NLS error:

 main: NLS initialization failed!!

Changes was include in one of the directories specified in
Cause is a file used by applications that uses OCI clients. is causing opmn to return unexpected NLS error.
Bug 4373434 has been filed.

1. As a workaround, do not place into any directories that
are searched by opmn.
       This includes
           o $ORACLE_HOME/lib
           o $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/lib
           o /usr/lib
           o /lib
           o etc
       -env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH specifies where to look for .so
       -Some default directories are /lib, /usr/lib (they may not need
to be
        defined in LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
2.  If an application requires file
     a. Create an application specific directory (eg /app/myociapp/lib
     b. Place the .so file into /app/myociapp/lib
     c. Set LB_LIBRARY_PATH to include /app/myociapp/lib
           export  LB_LIBRARY_PATH=/app/myociapp/lib:$LB_LIBRARY_PATH
Bug 4373434 - Opmnctl Returns Error "Main: Nls Initialization Failed!!"
If Libociei.So Is Foun

Norman Dunbar.
Contract Oracle DBA.
Rivers House, Leeds.

Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should
still check any attachment before opening it.

We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under
the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation.  Email
messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may
also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms
and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506.  Find out more
about the Environment Agency at