RE: install 9iAS 1.022x on Windows2003

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:59:42 -0400

Run from command line

setup.exe -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

Please check through task manager if there is any javaaw process is running. If you find any then kill them and run the above command.

The reason may be "Oracle Universal Installer may not start up properly (appear and then disappear) on Windows 2000 with Service pack 4. This is due to an underlying JRE bug. You need to run 'install\win32\setup.exe -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true' to workaround the issue."

Regards
Rafiq

From: "brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: install 9iAS 1.022x on Windows2003 Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:05:14 -0400

Hello.

We have oracle 9i Application server release 1.0221 on Windows 2000.

I would like to install it on a windows 2003 (all latest service packs).
However, the installer just dies with no messages.

I installed it ona win2000 test machine.  I then upgraded that machine to
win2003 (no patch sets), and the installer runs on that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!
-brian

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l