Re: import from Oracle 9 to 10 hanging

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andreas.Haunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:52:41 +0200

Andreas,

You could try enabling event 10046 using a logon trigger and watch what
exactly causes the import to hang (could be a dead lock of some sort):

create or replace trigger trace_imp_on_logon
after logon on database
begin
if (user='YOUR_IMP_USER') then
execute immediate 'alter session set tracefile_identifier=''IMP_TRACE''';
execute immediate 'alter session set events ''10046 trace name context
forever, level 12''';
end if;
end;
/

Then look in your user_dump_dest for a resulting tracefile, and see what
Oracle is waiting for.

BTW Don't forget to remove the trigger after you're done testing ;-)

Stefan

On 6/27/07, Andreas.Haunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
Andreas.Haunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did an export from Oracle 9.2.0.7.0. with the imp utility on the Oracle
9 server.
Then I tried to import the dump files into 10.2.0.1.0 with the imp utility
Oracle 10 server.

The import worked for 4 of the 3 exported users, but while importing the
4th user
the import session hangs on
SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION.reset_exp_opq_typ_event;

No IO is happening but Oracle uses almost all of the CPU.

I tried the import from version 9 to 10 repeatedly on WinXP and Linux,
with different export files from the Oracle 9 DB, same effect.

Has anyone experienced the same "behavior"?
Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance
  Andreas

=========================