import from Oracle 9 to 10 hanging

  • From: <Andreas.Haunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:07:51 +0200

I did an export from Oracle 9.2.0.7.0. with the imp utility on the Oracle 9
server.
Then I tried to import the dump files into 10.2.0.1.0 with the imp utility
Oracle 10 server.

The import worked for 4 of the 3 exported users, but while importing the 4th
user
the import session hangs on  SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION.reset_exp_opq_typ_event;

No IO is happening but Oracle uses almost all of the CPU.

I tried the import from version 9 to 10 repeatedly on WinXP and Linux,
with different export files from the Oracle 9 DB, same effect.

Has anyone experienced the same "behavior"?
Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance
  Andreas