Re: implementing rman backup on dataguard instead of the produtcion db

Hi Gil,

I think you'll need to setup a recovery catalog for that.
But, if you'd like to avoid maintaining another database just for
recovery catalog there's a Metalink Doc I could refer you to

It's inside the "Oracle's Customer Knowledge Exchange" section.. & you
can find other good stuff there too.. :)

"Oracle's Customer Knowledge Exchange"
https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:14:6788425522391793279::::p14_database_id,p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help,p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,375443.1,1,1,1,helvetica

Doc ID 467525.1 Our Experience in Creating a clone database from RMAN
backup of a physical standby database without using a recovery catalog
https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:14:6788425522391793279::::p14_database_id,p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help,p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,467525.1,1,1,1,helvetica

- Karl Arao
http://karlarao.wordpress.com